Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Post 101- Recent moments in motherhood

This is my 101st post. I feel like I should celebrate in some way. But I can't think of anything, so here's to post 101.

I have a six month old son, my first child. And motherhood creates some interesting experiences.

Like buying toys for your son, only to watch everything become a teething ring. And earnestly welcoming first teeth, only to get bitten.

Watching him tear off his bib, "I'm DONE!"

Hearing him say "dadadada dada bababa dada baba" and acting like he's saying something that I understand. "Oh really, then what happened?"

Changing explosive poop diapers in the airplane bathroom WITHOUT the changing table and a wriggly baby. My idea of a good time.

Trying to get him to go to sleep...he smiles and laughs so you can't help but smile and laugh with him, even though you are frustrated and waiting for him to close his eyes...so you can do laundry, send some e-mails, make a phone call or two - wait he doesn't sleep THAT long.

Introducting new foods - ice cream, loved it. Sweet Potatoes - hated it! They were spit out and throw at me. He has good aim for someone with less than stellar hand-eye coordination.

More to come...
Oh, and HAPPY NEW YEAR!

No comments: