Friday, May 29, 2009

The two-nine's have it!

Birthdays are for me what new years are for most people. A time during which I reflect on the past year, and think about my future. I don't make new years resolutions, or birthday ones, but I do take the time to think about what a blessing it is to celebrate another year of life.
This time last year, I was focused on the life growing inside of me. I had just returned to the States from China, so that I could give birth at home. I was still adjusting to the time change, the attention and support of my family, and was making post-baby plans. This year, my son is almost one, and I am amazed and awed by how much has changed in the last year of my life. Not only motherhood, but I have changed and grown a lot in the past year. I did not think I would be in the US this long, but hindsight is 20/20 and I am grateful that I've been able to develop my skills as a lady of leisure...and earthy mummy.
It has been an interesting, and in many ways, challenging, year for me. There have been some moments that I would rather forget, and others I will remember for the rest of my life. All told, it has been a good year, as all of my years have been, and for that I am truly grateful.

No comments: