Thursday, August 13, 2009

It's been a long time

I've had a busy summer. Lots of traveling...by plane, train, automobile, and even coach (bus). I attended the long awaited for union of my oldest friend and her husband (CONGRATS Mrs. H! And Mr. H too.) I've packed and unpacked, moved lots of furniture, had a yard sale or two and spent time with the family. I went to look at schools with my sister, spent some time with my goddaughters, saw my friends, and reconnected with a person or two. And that's not all. My baby celebrated his first birthday, and he is running around, calling me by my nickname (instead of mama) and generally giving orders. He's a blast! I've contemplated where in the world we are going to live, applied for about 50 jobs on three continents, and made a few decisions.

One of the most exciting decisions is that I'm going to sell crochet accessories. Yay! I know some of you have been waiting a LONG time for me to come to that decision. Thank you for your patience. I hope that I can have your continued support (and purchasing power). For now, I'm going to stick with women's accessories, and I will definitely have some organic and natural stuff for the "crunchy" crowd, like myself. There might be a few baby blankets and other items, for those of you that really want one of my lovely handmade items for your little one. I do have a deadline, which is fast approaching, so keep your eyes open for the launch of my etsy store.

So far, I've made some belts, a few hat and scarf sets, and earrings (thanks for the suggestion AT, they are not easy to do but they are cute!). Is there anything else you all would like to me to make? Those of you that know me personally have an idea of the kind of stuff I make, feel free to make suggestions (or requests). And for those of you that don't know me personally, I will post some pictures in the next day or two.

I'm going to pick up a hook and some thread, and get to work. Until the next posting, be well.

No comments: