Thursday, March 04, 2010

Yay for Cherrybrook Kitchen!

After being informed by another food allergy mama that our local Target had some peanut, egg and dairy free cake mixes, I finally got to check it out. Initially, I went to the wrong Target and was frustrated by the blank stares and dumbfounded looks of the employees when I asked if they had them. Then I went to the bigger Target (I think the employee said it was a "Target Fresh") and found them. They had a few varieties, mostly from Cherrybrook Kitchen. I chose the chocolate chips cookies because I've successfully made amazing cakes and cupcakes that he can eat (a modified vegan recipe) but I haven't found a cookie recipe that I like yet. So, we came home and whipped up a batch of chocolate chip cookies. Most of us ate one, my son ate two, and I put away the rest for another day. So, what's the verdict?

Drum-roll please...

They were good! The taste and sweetness were just right, they were quick and easy to make, and everyone liked them. They were a little "cakey", but I took them out a little earlier than recommended because I wanted them to be soft and chewy, which they were. Overall, these were a hit and something I would buy again.

No comments: