Monday, September 15, 2008

News Flash

It is amazing to me how the time flies. It seems like just yesterday I was sitting at work in Shanghai, imagining what the summer would be like. And now the summer is almost over.

So, here is a quick rundown of summer tidbits.

Before his birth, my little one visited 6 countries (yes, I travelled that much while pregnant). After his birth, we introduced him to the Eastern part of the United States. He has been to Disney World (thanks to my friend and Disney cast member, KG), and we visited family in Washington D.C., New York City, Virginia, and Maryland. Oh, and he has driven through Delaware, New Jersey and Pennsylvania. He has endured two plane rides (without crying!) and even a five hour journey in the car...even though he HATES the car seat. I think his travel training is off to a good start. Is wanderlust inherited or learned?
All of my friends that had the opportunity to be at the Olympics in Beijing this summer had a wonderful time. So far no stories of racism or other shameful behavior, just a wonderful, warm, inviting, and invigorating atmosphere. A great time was had by all.
A sleeping schedule has finally emerged. That means more blogging for me...and more enjoyment for you. Carmen Sandiego is in the US of A right now, preparing for more around the world fun...and my future adventures will involve my husband and baby. This is going to be fun!

No comments: