Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Back in the Kitchen

I like to read (and see) what other people are whipping up in their kitchens, so I'm sure you'll enjoy reading about what I'm fixing. Today I made fragrant jasmine rice (with cilantro, coconut milk and a little onion), orange glazed carrots, string beans, baked tilapia, and sweet potato biscuits (made with soy milk and vegan margarine). It was delicious. A good mix of sweet and savory IMO. And completely dairy free! I was going to use bread crumbs on the fish, but bread crumbs contain milk and eggs, so that was out. I have never baked fish fillets with nothing but the seasoning before, if we are going to do that then we use the whole fish and braise it. So, I was a little nervous, but it turned out fine. So, for your viewing pleasure, here's a plate of food:
I'm going to make some more vegan cupcakes. When I do I'll try to remember to post a picture or two of those also. Bon appetit!

No comments: