Thursday, April 23, 2009

The Takeover


Vegan Double Chocolate Chip Cupcakes

I took some over to my neighbor, and she loved them. "Mm," she said "these taste like cupcakes." Of course! "You'd never guess. They are so moist." Yipee! Her one year old daughter enjoyed hers too (she got a mini heart cupcake). My three year old niece liked hers so much she nearly ate the paper in her attempt to get every last drop of cupcake. My mother wants me to make some to take to her job. Vegan cupcakes are taking over my world!

I used the recipe for Basic Vegan Chocolate Cupcakes from chow.com (which they got from Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World). I threw in some chocolate chips (allergy friendly, from enjoylife) and made one or two minor tweaks. If you are a recipe person, the recipe will yield great results, I just don't like to follow directions and always have to add my own little flair. These do have wheat and soy, but could be made with rice milk and a different flour and then they would be free of the big eight. As they are, they are free of 6 of the big eight, totally safe for vegans, and absolutely tasty. Seriously, there are only 4 left and I'm already eyeing them...

1 comment:

Memeeflye said...

I already told you about the trouble they caused in this house.