Thursday, April 16, 2009

Superhuman

I know that Chris Brown has fallen out of favor at the moment, but I'm going to quote him (and Keri Hilson, and the actual songwriter) anyway...

I don't know what your love has done to me
Think I'm invincible I see
Through the me
I used to be

You changed my whole life
Don't know what your doing to me with your love
I'm feeling all Super human
You did that to me
Super human heart beats in me
Nothing can stop me here with you, superhuman
Super human

Strong
Since I've been flying and righting the wrongs
Feels almost like I had it all along
I can see tomorrow
But every problem is gone because
I flew everywhere with love inside of me
It's unbelievable to see
How love could set me free

You changed my whole life
Don't know what your doing to me with your love
I'm feeling all Super human
You did that to me
Super human heart beats in me
Nothing can stop me here with you, superhuman
Super human


As corny and cheesy and mushy as it might sound, this is how I feel about my husband. Even typing that makes me feel a little funny, a little nervous. Nervous about the responses. You see, so many people don't believe in love, don't believe in marriage, don't believe in love songs like this one. Not just general people, some of you, reading this right now, read those lyrics and scoffed. Maybe you scoffed at me, perhaps yourself, or even the very concept. There are times when the naysayers or the lack of support or enthusiasm get to me. And sometimes, I wonder if maybe I am wrong, maybe it is a fleeting illusion, maybe the other shoe will drop.

But the reality is that I do feel superhuman. Even the sound of his voice brings peace to my spirit, clarity to my thoughts, and a smile to my lips. He knows how to make me laugh. He is my fellow adventure seeking, wanderlust loving, on the go liver of life. He might not be perfect, but he is definitely perfect for me. He is my tall, dark and handsome. And if the other shoe is anything like the first, then it can drop.

2 comments:

Memeeflye said...

Go ahead and represent on the side of Love! You can never go wrong with that.

Lord Maximus said...

That's what I'm talking about!!!! Love makes the world go round. I'm glad he makes you so happy.